Looking for a last minute recipe idea to add to your holiday hosting menu? Well look no further! I have partnered with Lillet to share how to build a holiday charcuterie board that will impress your guests, despite how deceivingly simple it is to create!
It is always a good idea to have snacks set out for guests to nibble on as they arrive, especially if you will be serving wine and spirits throughout the party. I love whipping up a charcuterie board for the parties I host because it allows me to prep everything ahead of time so I have more time for mingling with my guests.
For my holiday cocktail party, I knew I wanted to include fresh cranberry flavors to complement the Pomegranate Lillet Fizz that I would be serving that evening. Plus cranberries are a staple throughout the holidays, so I felt like it tailored the charcuterie board to the season.
See below for the recipe and steps on how to build your own Holiday Charcuterie Board.
Cranberry salsa (see recipe below)
Red and green olives
Pepper jack cheese
Dill harvarti cheese
Roasted garlic tomato basil artisan cheese
White cheddar cranberry cheese
- Prepare the cranberry salsa using the recipe below.
- Source a large wooden cutting board to use as the base of the charcuterie board. Start by placing three small bowls on the board, which should be filled with the salsa, fig spread and green olives.
- Next, add the meats and cheeses to the board. Be sure to slice each cheese in a different way to add visual interest to the board. The meats can rolled or stacked loosely on the board.
- Next, add the dry crackers and nuts and fill any remaining gaps with fresh fruit, pomegranate halves and a few sprigs of rosemary.
Cranberry Salsa Recipe
1 bag of cranberries (12 oz)
1 tbsp orange zest
2 green onions, chopped
½ tbsp lime juice
½ tsp salt
½ cup sugar
- Combine cranberries, jalapenos, orange zest, green onions, lime juice and salt in a food processor or blender until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in sugar.
- Cover and let chill for at least 2 hours.
Must be 21+ to drink. Please enjoy Lillet responsibly.
Photography: Brittany Gidley Photography | Event Concept + Styling: One Stylish Party | Florals: Ashley’s Floral | Food Styling: Teaspoon of Sparkle | Cocktail Styling: Cocktails and Spanx.