It’s hard to find the right words to start this post. Simply put, 2017 was a game changer for One Stylish Party. But the funny part is that I am not sure I quite realized it until I slowed down at the end of the year to reflect on the last 365 days.
I was always moving from one project to the next, while balancing the demands of the retail and wholesale end of my business. I also spent time focusing on social media growth and producing more styled shoots than ever before. So when I broke 2017 by the numbers, it was definitely eye opening!
I owe so many thanks to Brittany Gidley Photography for being by my side and helping to foster the growth for my business by capturing my work so beautifully. And I also want to thank Casey Nickels of Teaspoon of Sparkle and Devryn DiJohn of Cocktails and Spanx, for supporting my business and taking my party shoots to a new level with their food and cocktail styling.
I think the most rewarding part of the year was the media exposure that so many of my styled shoots received. Here are a few of my favorite 2017 shoots, along with the media placements many of them received.
- Some Bunny is Turning One
- Rescue Patrol Birthday Party
- Backyard Wine Tasting Party
- Little Red Caboose Birthday Party
- Vintage Camper Christmas Party (COVER!!!)
- Friendsgiving Dinner Party
- Mod Galentine’s Day Party featured on Cleveland.com, Inspired by This and LaurenConrad.com
- Mother’s Day Brunch included on Elle Décor in their 20 Best Mother’s Day Ideas article
- Troop Beverly Hills Glamping Party on Pottery Barn Kids
- Rose All Day Party collaboration with Black Twine, featured on Fashionable Hostess
- Ice Cream Party collaboration with A Charming Fete on Inspired By This
- Friendsgiving Dinner Party featured on Cleveland.com
- Gingerbread House Decorating Party featured on Shutterfly.com
And of course, I can’t talk about 2017 without mentioning the 25th wedding anniversary party and vow renewal that I helped to plan for my parents! It was such a beautiful and memorable celebration with all of the people who mean so much to them. And the cherry on top was seeing the party featured on WeddingChicks.com.
Whew, what a year! But I am committed to making 2018 even better. While I am not one to set New Years resolutions, I do love to pick a word for the year that helps to define what I’d like to accomplish as a business owner, a wife, a mom, a friend and a daughter.
My word of the year for 2018 is FLOURISH. The definition of flourish is to grow or develop in a healthy or vigorous way. This word really encompasses so much and can be applied to all aspects of my life. But at the root of it all, what I really hope is to thrive, to laugh, to love, to push myself creatively, to simplify distractions, to commit to positive changes and to keep learning (always).
“You have to nourish your creativity in order for it to flourish.” – Kat Von D
It is a big word to take on, but I am looking forward to finding ways to flourish in the 2018! Do you have a word for the New Year?