There are many things I can credit my mom with teaching me – like the kind of mother I knew I wanted to be, how to love unconditionally and some of the more basic fundamentals of life – like always send a thank you note after you receive a gift and you can never be too overdressed for anything. And THEN there’s her spinach dip…which I now refer to as The Best Spinach Dip Ever. This is one of my favorite recipes of all time which my mom passed along to me in a handwritten note card recipe book when I moved away from home.
As I’ve mentioned before, I have a few go-to recipes that I almost always rely on when entertaining, and this is one of them. Although this blog is mostly focused on the sweets and style aspect of entertaining, let’s be honest, when you have guests over, they also need to eat food! So today, I am sharing a recipe for The Best Spinach Dip Ever (in my humble opinion). It’s easy to make and guaranteed to be hit at any get together!
Here’s what you need:
- One 8 oz block of cream cheese
- ½ package of chopped spinach
- 2 tsp. chopped onions
- 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup of half and half
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 2 tbsp. parmesan
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- Unwrap the chopped spinach and place inside of a microwave safe dish. Fill with about an inch of water, cover and heat for 4 minutes in the microwave.
- While the spinach is cooking, combine all remaining ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. It helps if the cream cheese is room temperature.
- Once the spinach is done cooking, drain any excess water. Separate out ½ of the spinach and blend with the cream cheese mixture.
- Heat in the microwave for one minute, and then stir the spinach dip. Continue heating in 30 second intervals until thoroughly heated.
- Transfer the spinach dip into a small crock pot (if you have one) to ensure the dip stays warm throughout the entire gathering.
I hope this recipe serves you as well as it has me over the years. Enjoy!